Need some quick help regarding cables

Andzk

Hey, I am new to this so sorry if this is a stupid question.

I have recently purchased a audio interface, that has 2 input's for monitors, and 1 for headphones. *It's an MBOX 3.

My monitors are plugged into my amp, and before this my amp was plugged into my PC via a 2x phono cable leading to a standard 3.5mm jack.

Now I want to plug my amp into my new mbox 3. To do this I have currently plugged the 3.5mm jack into the headphone slot with a 6.3mm converter.

However I was wondering weather this will decrease audio quality?

I am unable to find a 2x phono to 2x 6.3mm cable to plug the amp into the monitor imputs on my mbox.

Any advice on how to set this up properly and what cables I need would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

On your audio interface you have monitor outputs (not inputs) and if you cant find or make cables you should be able to use regular RCA cables with two RCA to 1/4" plug adapters to connect the monitor outputs of the MBOX to some RCA input of your amp, a hi-fi amp will most likely color the sound and you will not get an accurate representation of what your music sounds like.

Assuming you have proper powered studio monitors (and not hi-fi speakers that also color the sound) you should connect them directly to the monitor outputs of the MBOX for more accurate results.

Back