Need help with original MBOX and FL studio 12

RREVOFEV

So i found an original mbox around my house before going out to purchase my own audio interface and i was wondering if i could get it working with FL studio 12? I've heard avid have cut off support for the original mbox so i'm unsure on what to do.

I havn't installed any drivers as of now. When i plug it in via midi usb all the lights turn on but i can't do anything else with the box. This is what comes up in FL studio's audio settings *picture below* (i'm assuming this is because i don't have the driver installed).

So basically, is there any way i can get my original mbox working with FL studio 12 for free as of 2nd February 2017? :/
any help appreciated, thanks flasio.PNG

*edit* i have found a website offering a working driver for the original mbox but they are charging around £50 (56 euros). Just want to confirm now that this is the only way i can get it working. If that's the case i'd be better off selling it and buying something else.

Last edited:
I saw a few on ebay going for around £30. I hadn't thought about that, If i do decide to sell it i'll make sure to inform them about this in the description. There's always gonna be someone looking for these things.

No i hadn't checked that website but the only mbox drivers available are for the 3rd gen - thanks for the link anyways though i'm sure that page will come in handy one day.

Back