NEED HELP! KRK Rokit G3 5" Static

joeythemighty

Problem - Getting static noise from my monitors when I put my computer's power mode in either balanced or high performance but it goes away when I put it into power saving.
My monitors are connected to a 2i2 and I have that connected to a USB power strip into my computer. I got the strip because someone suggested that might fix the noise since the PSU somehow interferes with the ports, but that didn't do anything. Yes, I do have a lot of cables crossing over each other but I don't think that's an issue since when I used to use the same setup on my laptop with cables crossing I didn't have a problem. I'm pretty sure it isn't a ground loop issue, but I could be wrong... Also, when I plug my headphones into the interface I don't get static so I'm pretty sure the 2i2 isn't the problem.
Yes, I have tried all the USB ports and I am getting the same results and I also have my monitors on a completely different outlet from everything else.

My PC - 8350x, 8gb ram, AMD 970 gaming, gtx 960, the case has some small stubs that lift it off the ground to provide better airflow (trying not to leave out any details so I can get this fixed quickly...
I am using XLR to TRS balanced cables and I have tried 1/4 cables with same results.
I do have like a 2 year warranty on my monitors so if there is a problem with the monitors itself I can go get them changed, but it would be a hassle..

I've posted on reddit and no one seems to know how to fix this...
This is driving me nuts! I hate working with headphones and I can't get anywhere while using power saving mode because my projects keep lagging after a little bit.

Also this is what the static sounds like, soundcloud.com/the123joseph/static/s-ZdGHF

Last edited:
with your very good textual description I can tell you that the issue is all to do with usb power - I am happy to provide the actual reasons behind the problem if you are interested, but suffice to say that the interface is not getting all the voltage and current that it expects from properly implemented usb buss power

you can address this in several ways but the best is to get yourself a dedicated powered usb hub that you connect your interface through (remove the power from the pc as the issue

with your very good textual description I can tell you that the issue is all to do with usb power - I am happy to provide the actual reasons behind the problem if you are interested, but suffice to say that the interface is not getting all the voltage and current that it expects from properly implemented usb buss power

you can address this in several ways but the best is to get yourself a dedicated powered usb hub that you connect your interface through (remove the power from the pc as the issue

That's what I did but I still get the static... Is it possible that the outlet is bad?
I got the AmazonBasics 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 5V/2.5A power adapter

Last edited:
similar issue over here

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...g-mouse-movements-running-software-pc-501105/

only other solution I can think of is to get an interface that has its own separate power - i.e. drawing power from the usb buss power is insufficient and causing the line buzz you are hearing - if it were me I would be considering adding additional smoothing capcitors tothe usb buss power lines but I do not think that his is something for a beginner to be doing

Back