Need help choosing a soundcard/ audio interface

Vesey619

Something to use with my turntable for sampling. My turntable is a Audio Technica LP120 I don't mind having to buy it online, I'm fine with either way as long as I can get something good.

Last edited:
I got a Tascam Us-100 a while back to be able to hook up my turntable. For my folks I got a phono amp of about 20 bucks. That's just a loose phono amp that you can hook between your turntable and whatever you want like a receiver, a soundcard, etc. tc400g500.jpg

These phono amps start at 20 bucks.

I really wish I had done the same and got me a phono amp. Atm, I'm not unhappy with the tascam us 100, not at all. It's a good A/I with no hassle. No driver install needed. But, It doesn't have balanced outputs and it doesn't have those multi trs inputs where you plug in jack or xlr. I'm looking at a new A/I atm.
For cheap solution, I'd go for the Steinberg ur 22. For around 250 I'd go for Mbox 3. For around 500 I'd go for the RME babyface or Motu ultralite. Here's the post where I was talking about it: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...are/recording-through-audio-interface-477329/.
I think it was fataltone that pointed towards the RME fireface or Prism, which cost about 1000 euro.
There's a lot to find about audio interfaces on the forum. Just type in Audio interface in the search bar.

Last edited:
Next im after the M audio fast track plus. It specs are good from what I can see. But I'd personally like to know how good the audio card is on it.

I love my TC electornic IMPACT TWIN. but its firewire. and wont fit on my laptop.

If you need to sample stuff. If you search around long enough you can still find Ableton Live with TC impact twin. Its a cool version too.

Next im after the M audio fast track plus. It specs are good from what I can see. But I'd personally like to know how good the audio card is on it.

I love my TC electornic IMPACT TWIN. but its firewire. and wont fit on my laptop.

If you need to sample stuff. If you search around long enough you can still find Ableton Live with TC impact twin. Its a cool version too.

You probably have a pcmcia slot on your laptop. Then you can buy a pcmcia firewire card.
25 bucks for a 1394a card
Don't know where you live, but here's a link to newegg with a list of them :
Newegg.com - pcmcia firewire

For Firewire 800, quick search led me to prices of 50 bucks.

Last edited:
You probably have a pcmcia slot on your laptop. Then you can buy a pcmcia firewire card.
25 bucks for a 1394a card
Don't know where you live, but here's a link to newegg with a list of them :
Newegg.com - pcmcia firewire

For Firewire 800, quick search led me to prices of 50 bucks.

Thnaks I appreciate it.

Problem is, I don't have an express pcmia slot. Only a mini card reader. sd.sdhc.

I tried to find a computer with a pcmia, But they are hard to find to say the least for a good deal. Sorry for kinda high jacking the thread here. Maybe you can find it useful.

Anways I need something a little more portable like the FAST TRACK PLUS that's good on batteries like it is. LAPTOP batteries that is is the PLUS version.

I wanna do a show one day and the FAST TRACK "PLUS" is real inexpensive comparatively. Only about 134. COmes with stuff too, so... cool. right?

Back