My Rockit 5 g3 HONEST review

D

djrethinkbeats

I got my pair a week ago and When i was reading up studio monitors i heard alot about krk rockit 5s and I'v read alot of mixed reviews on these monitors and in my opinion i love em!

Here's some pros and cons:

Pros:
- Good Box build quality
- Best monitors in its price rang ( in my opinion )
- Very clear and crisp sound.
- Slick look
- No distortion under high volume.

Cons
- Lows aren't as wonderful as i thought. kinda lacks in the " low low" range ( dont get me wrong these things still bump )
- Thought the tweeter would be a bit more sturdy. but its like a rubbery type material and it could easily be
pushed in or punctured.

but over all REALLY WORTH THE $300 GUYS! But of course there are "better" monitors out there. But there's no super monitor that will be perfect and every pair of speakers has there strong points and downfalls but i think rockits are the way to go!

- Thought the tweeter would be a bit more sturdy. but its like a rubbery type material and it could easily be
pushed in or punctured.

Tweeters are never "sturdy". Treat with care.

- Lows aren't as wonderful as i thought. kinda lacks in the " low low" range ( dont get me wrong these things still bump )

That's why you get one of these.
Your low end extension will always be proportionate to the size of your largest driver.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Easily better monitors out there in this price range. I take it you have never really used any others in a treated room.

The Yamahas and JBL's are much better in many ways and yes, ive used them all. The entry level KRK's are the Dre Beats of the monitor world, exaggerated lows, scooped mids and fatiguing highs.

Back