MPK49 and FL Studio Questions.

Bmoney12B

I just purchased an akai mpk49 keyboard, and i can't seem to figure out how to set up individual snares, kicks, hi hats ect. to each drumpad. Also i don't know how to record or loop beats as i play, is there any video or help that anyone can give Me?

I think my issues might have something to do with the presets I'm not sure.. like I see guys making beats on these youtube videos and they'll make like the melody first and then when there done with that part they let it play while they work on the drums or something overtop of it.. I need helppppp.. not sure if I'm asking the right questions..

Last edited:
seriously, you do need to ask some more focused questions (which was macbeats oh so subtle intent)

but you have identified that you do not understand your new piece of equipment - have you worked your way through the manual page by page and tried to do stuff as you read?

have you looked for some videos that maybe go through the process of assigning sounds to pads?

I know that you wanted someone to just do the googling for you (a big assumption, perhaps, but also a reasonable one), review and then post the best links, but sometimes you need to suck the "lemons" for yourself to truly learn how to recognise the sweet ones from the truly off ones......

I think I just have to many new things that I'm trying to learn at once cause I also have ableton live 9 and kontakt 5 and it just got overwhelming and frustrating for a bit.. but I think I'm on the right track now..

Back