Mpc renassiance vs. Mpc 5000

I've been looking to get some production hardware. The Mpcs look fantastic but this mpc renassiance is nothing more than a controller and a recording interphase in one and it's 900 dollars. Yes I do like that it comes with 9gb of sounds but is this damn thing really worth it i also don't like the fact that it NEEDS a computer to operate. On the other hand is the mpc 5000 which is around 900-1000 and sometimes more. But this device is all hardware. With a compact flash to store my shit and it has everything I need all in one has anyone have any expirance with either and tell me their opinion. I'd really like to just get a strictly hardware piece

The 5000 is a good choice.
The Maschine is just a controller also so that kind of defeats the purpose,cats ALWAYS throw it out there though for some reason.You could go with the 2KXL or 2K,becuse you can still use it as a controller with that standalone ability.They go from anywhere between 3-500,just make sure the screen and buttons are functional and if you can,try to get one with the 8 outs and cf reader(if possible)

Peace

The Maschine is just a controller also so that kind of defeats the purpose,cats ALWAYS throw it out there though for some reason.You could go with the 2KXL or 2K,becuse you can still use it as a controller with that standalone ability.They go from anywhere between 3-500,just make sure the screen and buttons are functional and if you can,try to get one with the 8 outs and cf reader(if possible)

Peace

Ay thanks homie! ill check out the 2000xl

I had the 1K, which, correct me if Im wrong, is a modern edition of 2KXL. In general, they are very interesting maschines. But if I were to buy something else (other than Maschine which I find pretty dope but out of my budget for now), something strictly hardware and spent money on it, I would buy the MPC 4K or Roland's MV8K. I think they are way better than MPC5K which, to be honest, I dont get at all.

Peace

I mentioned the Maschine because he mentioned the Renaissance, which is a controller as well.

Maschine II (2.0) - is a hardware controller with new improved multi-core processing software capabilities, it will emulate anything the mpc;s will do and a hell of a great deal more, you can use it as a stand alone sequencer(with a computer/ laptop) or within a DAW as a VST, with regular software upgrades and additional expansion packs, it's a great addition to any studio.

I mentioned the Maschine because he mentioned the Renaissance, which is a controller as well.

Don't take it to heart,i didn't mean you specifically because there are a ton of cats who do it.
Even if he was just looking for a controller i would still say the Akai series because of the workflow.

Peace

To the OP...what type of music are you making? That may help get you the right advice. Most of the MPC users are not musicians and rely on sampling. Its not really ideal for instruments wherein Maschine software has tightly integrated VSTs and its own soundbanks with more versatility. Buyers of the MPC usually go for that colored sound, meaning the hardware processing gives the output a certain characteristic...but its really nothing profound like a popular preamp. Its just a custom transformer and compression algorithm. Do you want that sound, or do you want functionality, features updates, add-on sounds, laptop integration?

Last edited:
To the OP...what type of music are you making? That may help get you the right advice. Most of the MPC users are not musicians and rely on sampling. Its not really ideal for instruments wherein Maschine software has tightly integrated VSTs and its own soundbanks with more versatility. Buyers of the MPC usually go for that colored sound, meaning the hardware processing gives the output a certain characteristic...but its really nothing profound like a popular preamp. Its just a custom transformer and compression algorithm. Do you want that sound, or do you want functionality, features updates, add-on sounds, laptop integration?
i plan on making some hip hop/ rap beats. i do however have a roland synth that i use and i use some vsts like kontakt

Back