MPC + FL Studio + Hardware

AmpleSoul1

I want to start triggering drums from FL Studio with my MPC 2500, because I can add Transient Shapers on them and make them hit harder than I could using just the MPC alone + it's quicker to scroll through & find different drum sounds than using just the MPC.

But, I've been using the MPC to sequence my hardware synths (Virus A, JP-8080 & Volca Keys & FM)

I'm currently using an RME UFX Firewire interface.

Is it possible to continue sequencing my hardware gear with just the MPC & trigger drums from FL Studio 12 & sequence them on the MPC... while keeping everything tightly sequenced (or at least enough to not notice)

I'd also like to trigger bass sounds from Trilian on the MPC as well if possible.

So I'd have maybe 5-6 drum channels with Transient Shaper on each, 1 bass channel. No other FX like delay or reverb, just Transient Shaper.

Last edited:
A feature in fl studio I thought was great [propellerhead yooo]
Was wait for midi. protools & fl studio having this but other daws not is some bs.

Been thinking about fl studio vs studio one lately. A shame, cuz everything else I prefer studio one for but something that simple? omfg might go back to fl studio.

A simple triggering affair should be beyond its capabilities though, right? Low latency is the key to tightness here, and the UFX should definitely deliver on that front.

Yeah a simple triggering shouldn't be beyond Fruity Loop's capabilities, not sure about how easy note i/o remapping is though, last I heard Fruity Loopers were asking for the same functionality as the drum maps in Cubase so I hope they have that now...synchronization should be doable too but when it comes to recording and editing that hardware the MPC is the tool for the job simply because it is more capable than Fruity Loops.

I'm not sure what that guy's on about but just look at an mpc's manual, then any daw's manual.

Resuming silence, engaging giggle.

Basically the MPC has a more comprehensive MIDI implementation in comparison to some of the newer DAWs like Fruity Loops, Live and Reason which don't have a proper MIDI event list for editing the MIDI system exclusive data which they can't handle anyway....naturally the software has a slicker UI for the basic stuff, it's just that they don't have the full capabilities of a proper MIDI sequencer, be it hardware like the MPC or software like Cubase.

Don't get me wrong Fruity Loops has it's strong points, in fact I consider it to be one of the best DAWs for mobile composition, however MIDI just isn't one of it's strengths and as such it is less than ideal if you intend to get the most out of MIDI hardware.....it's not an indictment against Fruity Loops as a whole, it's just the truth as it pertains to MIDI and I would say the same thing about Reason even though I thoroughly enjoy using it.

Back