Monitors for street performance?

DimensionX

So Im getting portable power so I can bring out my electribe esx and a pair of monitors, my friend uses yamaha HS5's and they sound great on the street but I want to find something that you guys might have in mind.. Something portable with a lot of power but compact (if you get my drift). I love how the sound of studio monitors sound on the street with how much bass they put out... SO cool!

Thank you
Best

Do you want to make music on the street?
I've been looking at portable self powered amps for that purpose.
Pignose
Roland cube
Vox mini
Another possibility , you can get very powerful batteries, like these Accu's - Energie | doehetzelfaudio.nl
Couple them with an amp and a set of passive big ass diameter woofers and you'll have a nice setup.
If you're looking at lot's of bass, anything less then 7 inch won't sound that good imo. PA would fulfil a better purpose for on the street performance.
If you're looking for a portable setup to whatever purpose inside, you'll have to miss a proper low representation, but you could go with small monitors. Genelec for an expensive solution.
Fostex has a set of 3 inch monitors. focal cms 40 has a set of 4 inch monitors. All active so they need 220 volt. Portable 220 volt is usually a tad on the big side. I think going passive with an amp would suit your needs better , although it's still not clear what your needs are. Portable amp would still be a nice option as well.

Back