Monitor Speaker

isandee

I've been making music using monitor headphone.I really need a monitor speaker but can't afford those krk's.
I saw a cheap monitor speaker the brand name is "Kurzweil".The frequency response is 100-10,000 hz (at -5db).

Do you think this is okay ? i know ideally it should be range from 20-20,000hz.

Hope someone can help me.This monitor speaker is selling just for $100 Product: KS-40A | Kurzweil

Last edited:
hi Isandee, i don't no about the Kurzweil Monitors, but i think it's short about the Frequenzi range.
Why not a pair of Mackie Mr-5 mk2 +- 130€, i have the opportunity to hear this one by a friend and, it's sound not bad.

Thanks for the response mate, Can't find that kind of monitor speaker here in the country where i live. :( .Kurzweil monitor speaker is now out of my list.
Are you familiar with Edifier R2700.Planning to buy that this week.Saw some good review online it cost just $150 here. :)

Thanks for the help by the way mate.What's your soundcloud i'll follow you and check your tracks :)

There are soooo many threads out here (or at gearslutz) on monitors. Read one of them. But best of all, test monitors with songs you know well. If possible. Else, read old threads. 1000 ands of posts and opinions in those mentioned threads.
But as with the huge headphones thread over at gearsluts; you might end up confused. And there is also some real bad advice in those threads like "use the Sony MDR 7506 for mixing mate. They are perfect" :)
But normally those comments are counter commented pretty fast by a lot of people

Best of luck.

There are soooo many threads out here (or at gearslutz) on monitors. Read one of them. But best of all, test monitors with songs you know well. If possible. Else, read old threads. 1000 ands of posts and opinions in those mentioned threads.
But as with the huge headphones thread over at gearsluts; you might end up confused. And there is also some real bad advice in those threads like "use the Sony MDR 7506 for mixing mate. They are perfect" :)
But normally those comments are counter commented pretty fast by a lot of people

Best of luck.

Thanks mate :) yeah i saw some thread on others forums,makes me hard to decide hahaha.

Is there any chance of you saving up more money before buying monitors?
I really think you should wait with buying a pair of studio monitors before you can afford the KRK Rokit 5's at least. A frequency range of 100-10000hz is not recommended AT ALL. You will be missing a big part of the lower frequencies and you'll have trouble producing aswell as mixing bass in general.

If you've been producing with your headphones for a while, I'm sure you can wait a little longer - although I do understand your intention of getting studio monitors, as it is an important area of music production. The KRK Rokit 5 is with no doubt a great speaker, however I would still suggest you to wait a little longer - save up some money and go for a little more expensive set of monitors.

Best of luck buddy! :D

Last edited:
Back