Mixer Ins & Outs

A

Agent of Inflennce

For years I've made music using FL Studio and now I'm ready to move onto my hardware. However I'm not so savvy when it comes to connecting/hooking things together. So this may seem like a silly question so please bare with me if it is. The idea I have is, I create a pattern, Just simple for this explanation. Lets say, Kick, Snare, Hats, Bassline. They get routed to the first 4 channels in the FL mixer. What I'm a keen to find out, if there is a way for me to send those then out of my laptop/Daw into my real mixer. Would they go to separate channels, or would it be case of all of them going out onto one channel? If so any tips and things I may need would be gratefully appreciated.

It depends on what you have and how you have it set-up. Do you have an audio interface?

Yup, you need an audio interface with enough inputs and outputs to accommodate the amount of channels you want to route to your mixer. So in this example, you'd need four outputs to get those four tracks separately to your mixer. You could then either record them back to the DAW as a single/stereo track (one or two inputs), or, if you want to still keep them as separate tracks, four inputs. It's not exactly rocket science, but it can be confusing to begin with...

Thanks guys. I dont have an Interface, I'll have a look for one, or if you could point me in the right area that would great. I've another question in the same line, How to i cancel out the noise from inputs/outputs when I turn the volume up the noise level also increases, so how do I get a clean signal?

Back