midi setup

Joshua Joe

:victory:Can someone help me?
I'm using fl studio (11) image line. Also using yamaha mo6.
I set up the mo6 to the computer using usb connection. It seems to be working since on the sequencer in fl(11)
whatever instrument i'm on will be played on the keys of my mo6. however i would like to access the internal tones of the mo6 since it has some great tones but I don't know how to set it up for that reason.
Please help.
Joshua Joe

If i set up the keyboard (mo6) using a 1/4 instrument lead, i can access the tones of the mo6 but everything is recorded as an audio file.
Need to know how to access the tones of the mo6 when using the midi connection.
Thank you.
Joshua Joe.

you would still need to connect using audio cables as the midi connection will only allow you to control the sounds within the keyboard not record them

MIDI is, simply put, a communications protocol: it cannot download the sounds in your keyboard over the cables except as a long list of parameters defining the current patch if it is a programmable synth

you can use the keyboard to record control data in your daw and then use the daw to play back the synth sounds whilst you record the audio on another track but that is about it, sorry

thank you

you would still need to connect using audio cables as the midi connection will only allow you to control the sounds within the keyboard not record them

MIDI is, simply put, a communications protocol: it cannot download the sounds in your keyboard over the cables except as a long list of parameters defining the current patch if it is a programmable synth

you can use the keyboard to record control data in your daw and then use the daw to play back the synth sounds whilst you record the audio on another track but that is about it, sorry

Thanks bro. Can you recommend a site or plugin with some good piano tones to use in fl studio ? I have nexus but the piano tones don't sound real.
Thank you

none of them will - they will come close though

try these freebies I like the one by 4front and use it for sketching ideas before assigning one of the ones I have from their earlier piano collections that came with Komplete 4/5/6/8

and then look into the set of pianos offered for Kontakt as well as this singleton

or just buy Komplete 10 ultimate

Back