Midi keyboard suggestion for a beginner to edm production

Sridude

Hey guys,
As the title says, im looking for a good Midi keyboard but i have NO prior experience with one nor do i know how to play a piano (i am a guitarist) and I have no clue how to start as a music producer. My heart and soul has always been to make edm. I did realized by researching that i need to start off with: a good laptop, a good DAW and of course a midi controller/keyboard. I am on a tight budget. Here in India my budget is around 10000 to 12000 ( around $205). I really confused weather i need 25 or 49 keys, fetures like faders and knobs etc. I recently got interested in this samson graphite 49 midi keyboard; is it a good one or are there better ones for cheaper?
I really need help guys, as a noob to music production i am really confused!! Please help me!
:hmmm:

Last edited:
Samson graphite seems awesome with all those controls, but I didn't hear to much about it so read some reviews before buying. You have good reviews on amazon. And also is there choice to buy used gear?

In india its very difficult to get used midi keyboards, and all musical instruments are dam expensive (cause they import everything and those taxes are crazy:4theloveofgod:). But anyways i have 5 options of midi keyboards i can buy:
1) samson carbon 49 (cheapest and it has some good reviews)
2)aelsis QX49 (looks good but its got some bad reviews)
3) samson graphite 49 (crazy amount features,cd with many pluggins and i can get it at a discounted price; theres a offer on this one)
4) Behringer U-CONTROL UMX490 (dont know much about this one, but its some good reviews on amazon)
5) Novation Launchkey 49 (most expensive and very difficult to get here, not to mention the service)
Im kinda getting attracted by the Samson graphite 49 cause it has a lot to offer but i heard novation is excellent in midi keyboards. So out of all these, which would be a smart purchase? please help me im in deep confusion rite now!!!

Last edited:
I have UMX61 and I'm good with it (to knock on wood) but my advice is go for samson graphite, you will get more controls and also if you heard good reviews and it is cheaper than the others go for it.

didn't by anything yet but very soon i will buy the graphite 49 or the novation launchkey 49. Short listed those 2. The launchkey 49 has 16 velocity-sensitive multi-colour launch pads, where as the graphite has only four. The other differences are the extra software, the launch has loopmasters with 1GB of samples where as the the graphite has komplete elements 8 wuth 3GB or samples. personally i really like komplete. but pretty much everything is the same between the two. However the graphite has aftertouch, which is missing in the launch key 49. To me the graphite wins because it has a lot to offer but the launchkey 49 is for those who need 16 launchpads.

Last edited:
Thanks for the prompt reply.
From where you are trying to buy the item & the price for the same?
Is it safe to buy from snapdeal?
I also prefer the Samson 49. BTW why dont people prefer the Casio keyboards?

Last edited:
Back