Mic Selection

B.Todd

I`m trying to build a professionally sounding home studio, to save me money on going to a actually studio. What is or are some of the best condenser mics I should check out ? As far as hardware goes i`ll will be using a M-audio interface fire wire, software audition Cs5.5 and pro tools. Thanks for the help

And what does "the whole studio" consist of in this case? $1500 won't really go very far if you start even eyeing the good stuff...

Here is the 2 mics i have.. they are average mics... The Rode NTK is a Tube Mic $529 (Rode Microphones NTK Microphone: Shop Pro Audio & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend ) .... The Shure KSM 32 is a solid state mic $549 ( Shure KSM32/SL Condenser Mic: Shop Pro Audio & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend ).... Both are good mics ... My next mic i want is the Mojave MA-200 $1095 ( Mojave Audio MA-200 Large Diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone: Shop Pro Audio & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend ) ... But you can spend alot of money on a mic, but remember that a mic is only as good as its Preamp so thats why i spent 500$ on a mic and 600$ on a Mic Pre .... s

Back