mbox 2 mini distortion??? [help!!]

DiFFERENCE.

copied this from another forum, but it describes it perfectly:

Problem
Audio playback normal change to distorted sound
Back to normal once you disable and enable playback engine 'Mbox 2 mini" again, but It will distorted again after couples minutes
Beside Pro Tools operation, I used Mbox2 mini as output interface for playback song from ITUNES also had same problem

i've read that if i get a powered usb hub, it'll fix the problem.. but i wanna see if anybody else has gone through this and found a solution before i start spending money?

Hmm. It may seem to describe the issue to you, but it's actually pretty hard to track what's going on from a straight-forward reading of the verbiage provided. Can you break down exactly what you're doing (step by step), possibly post an audio sample, and/or give a link to the site where you found the confusing description posted above?

GJ

the usb hub fixed it

idk if youre still curious about knowing what was wrong, but the audio played through the m-box would be fine for a few minutes but then start to distort. the only quick "solution" was to change my output to my computer then back to the m box again. a few more minutes would pass and it would happen again and so on.

pretty high, so idk if that makes sense or not lol.. but i bought a powered usb 2.0 hub and it fixed the problem. audio doesn't distort

Last edited:
you omitted several important details from your description

computer type
cpu
ram

however, my first bet would have been powered hub vs on-board powering via the internal usb buss power - most external interfaces require at least 1.5A of current at 5V (7.5W) if not teh full 2A@5V (10W) - most internal usb busses provide 500mA per port instead of what is in the specification (2A per port)

Back