Maschine Studio - Worth it?

korsini

So I have had my maschine mk2 for a little over a year now. I have done a lot with the massive synthesizer, and have produced nearly all of my songs using the maschine.

Now everybody knows christmas is coming up, and I know I will have money to spend. I would like to spend this money wisely so here is what I've come up with.

I am either going to:

1) buy komplete 9
2) sell my maschine mk2 (to guitar center?) and buy the maschine studio

I also spent the money to upgrade to maschine 2.0 when it came out.

I also heard I can dj in traktor using the maschine studio so that is also a big plus so I won't have to buy a mixer which I was going to get by the summer to start djing gigs by next year.

What do you guys think?:hmmm::hmmm:

- How much is guitar center giving you for the MK2?

I have an MK2 and thinking studio is not worth the upgrade. Maybe good for a first time user. The two screen LOOK great, but I don't see myself using it productively. I already to great with MK2 and I never have to look at computer unless I'm loading VSTs...which you'll still have to do with M-Studio. Only good use I see for the screens are the mixer view and possibly the ASDR and other shortcut parameters. I think MK2 is a great product, and maybe you should wait for the M-Studio MK-2.

I own Komplete 9 Ultimate. But after I bought some 3rd party Kontakt libraries I rarely use Komplete sounds except for Monark. But my tastes may be drastically different.

Last edited:
I hope you saw that Komplete 9 Ultimate deal they had around Christmas where you could get it for $400 if you have Maschine. That's the only way I was able to get Komplete Ultimate. I just got the Maschine Studio too though. ?

Keep what you have and get something else that you need. What kind of DAW do you have? Monitors? Headphones? Midi controller? Etc? Get something that does something different than the stuff you have.

Komplete 9 everytime, some of the software you get is top class!

Yeah pretty much every in Komplete 9 is "top of the line". I'd say the same thing for Komplete 9 Ultimate too though. I make use of like everything in Ultimate besides maybe a few sample libraries in Kontakt, but I'm sure I'll try to use those too. When it comes to sound design, I can make almost anything I'm thinking of. And if I don't know how to do something, there are several tutorials for almost everything in Komplete and Komplete Ultimate. It's amazing. I've never felt so free with my music because I'm not limited. I do everything inside Maschine right now because my computer can't handle a huge project. I've only been doing this seriously since June 2013 and I've only had Komplete Ultimate since December 2013 and I already know so much about sound design and putting patterns together and what not. It's amazing how easy NI's products are to learn and how powerful they are. I'm very thankful if their products because it has really helped me make my dreams of making music come true. Don't know why I'm saying all this. I just love what I can do now because of these two Products. But yeah, you definitely need to get Komplete if you already have Maschine and just wait to get the Studio. Komplete and the Studio work amazing together so you'll definitely want it when you get a studio.

Sorry for going on and on about NI products. I'm just feeling really good about my music and what I've been able to do with my "tools" from Native Instruments.

Last edited:
Back