M audio m-track prob

Listen, so I'm new to these forums, and kinda new to the producing game...but anyways, i just bought myself an m audio m track (2 channels) but i am not planning to use any of the channels, at least not yet. right now, i just wanna connect my studio monitors to it by quarter inch, so that i could finally use em (headphone jack input on my pc is broken). So i installed all of the latest drivers, and ran fl studio. and what do you know? i get an error saying that there are not enough asio channels available, and that at least two are required....wtf does that mean? am i required to be using the channels on this thing or something? sorry if this is a dumb question, but hey how else am i supposed to learn:)

You'll probably need to select an ASIO driver (which is simply a type of driver software) from FL's preferences. Your interface's outputs are channels just as well.

Yessss thanks for the reply! Alright, well for the asio driver, I got 2. Asio4all and the m audio 4 (and some other words I forget). But when I select the m audio 4... I get that error. So do I have to use asio4all. Or am I not understanding something here?

Hmm, you shouldn't have to use Asio4All for this...but if it works, why not.

Additionally...you can try to watch this awful video :) (there are also some additional explanations in the comments)

Back