Is the M-Audio Firewire 410 still good?

Def Note

Hello, I have an old M-Audio Firewire 410 and I would like to know if you guys think its still good? Right now I'm have a basic set up and I am putting all my money in acoustically treating my room. Firewire works well but should I take some of the money budgeted for acoustics and buy a new Audio Interface? Will I get a better sound from a new item? I have no problems using it. My only problem is that it's old.

Hello, I have an old M-Audio Firewire 410 and I would like to know if you guys think its still good? Right now I'm have a basic set up and I am putting all my money in acoustically treating my room. Firewire works well but should I take some of the money budgeted for acoustics and buy a new Audio Interface? Will I get a better sound from a new item? I have no problems using it. My only problem is that it's old.

It's probably fine.
I wouldn't worry about it.

Amazon has a great deal for a 24-pack of acoustic panels here:
Amazon.com: Auralex Studiofoam Wedgies 2 Inches Thick and 1 foot by 1 Foot Acoustic Absorption Foam, Charcoal, 24-count: Musical Instruments

That should stretch your budget pretty far.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the feedback! Do you think that foam would be better than this?

Acoustic Panels Bass Traps Size 6ft x 2ft x 4inches 24" x 72" x 4" | eBay

It's probably fine.
I wouldn't worry about it.

Amazon has a great deal for a 24-pack of acoustic panels here:
Amazon.com: Auralex Studiofoam Wedgies 2 Inches Thick and 1 foot by 1 Foot Acoustic Absorption Foam, Charcoal, 24-count: Musical Instruments

That should stretch your budget pretty far.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Back