Thread: Looking to get into analog synths, any recommendations?

Thanks

Looking to get into analog synths, any recommendations?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I've been looking at several different analog synths (mainly on the Thomann webstore) for a good while, and now I'm finally seriously contemplating getting me one of those. One unit I have my eyes on is the Arturia MicroBrute - if you've ever used that, how's your experience been? If it hasn't been fully positive, what would be a great substitute roughly in the same price range?

I'm thinking I could probably spend a maximum of $450 on a unit.
    #WEARESALTY -- LOOK LIKE A PRO 🎹 BRANDING - INFLUENCER/SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING - FEEDBACK 🎹

Thanks

Thanks
    Required reading here my man, helped me tons. Good review of the MicroBrute and 4 other alternatives.

Thanks
    I got a microbrute in January and have been loving it so far. It's fairly simple so you're not going to be able to get the same range of sounds as a non-analog synth/keyboard but it's great for simple leads, squelchy noises and special effects...
    Hit me up on Facebook! Producer album on Spotify and Bandcamp if you want to check it out.

Thanks
    I think it's more important to consider the overall tonality and other features than the defining factor being that it's either analog or digital. Unless you're hell-bent on getting an analog synth for some reason, I'd keep my options open and consider other-than-pure-analog as well. That said, I've had the Minibrute which is broadly similar, mainly regarding the filter – cool synth & liked it controls-wise very much (faders for envelopes should be a standard!), but somehow the sounds had a certain timbre to them that never quite fit *my* sound. I had it in my live rig for a while, and for that band it worked very well. I sold it off after I stopped playing in the band.
    They Make A Desert And Call It Peace

Bittihiisi | Krushing | Krushord | Salaneuvosto |

Thanks
    I prefer the Novation BassStation2 to the Mini/MicroBrute - It's a very fun synth.
    Dreadbox are worth checking out as well - I had the Erebus for a while which was cool but they do a mono synth as well that looks pretty good.
    I'm all about that boombap.

Thanks
    Thank you guys for all your help, I'm reading every info I can get my hands on and then I'll decide what to get from there.
    #WEARESALTY -- LOOK LIKE A PRO 🎹 BRANDING - INFLUENCER/SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING - FEEDBACK 🎹

Thanks
    Awesome.. I was looking at the Mini and Microbrutes too.. really cool synths, very well built. My buddy that knows synths in and out says they're legit great synths.
    In the end I went with Waldorf Blofeld though.. I was able to get a great deal on it, and it seemed like something that would actually add more to my setup.. be more of a
    production tool where with the brutes I'd just start freaking with fat analog basses all day and use it more as a toy, performance oriented thing.

The Blofeld isn't a true analog though, so if that's a dealbreaker maybe no, but otherwise Waldorf makes amazing synths that are sadly always a bit overlooked and
    usually a bit crazy. Fat, powerful sound though.. amazing filters. They also have the Pulse 2 which is analog and amazing too. Slightly more expensive but still within your budget.

I'm still waiting for it to arrive, but when it does I'll let you know how I get on with it.
    lwj - local space music

Thread Information