Looking For A Console Style Control Surface

jordonrenn

Hey guy I am looking for an affordable midi control surface that acts similar to a console (but just controls your DAW, and doesn't deal with any audio..) Is there anything out there with 32 faders? I found a few with 16 and a ton with 8.. anyone have any recommendations?

I don't need anything too fancy, I just wanna be able to use faders instead of a mouse.

Thanks!

Bcf2000 - Only the 8 faders but they bank up (1 to 8 - 9 to 16 etc) and it's motored so the faders fly back to where you left them when you bank back...

if you can find one (they have been discontinued) the tascam us2400 control surface is worth the money: 25 faders, jog wheel, machine control, rotary encoders for each channel and you can link them for larger surfaces

Thought I'd Chime in! I know its an oldish thread but i'm in about the same place with this myself.
I have a BCF2000 you can link 3 of these together but its not pretty. then there is the Mackie HUI there are extenders giving extra channels the Mackie Hui is usually sub £200 on ebay but the expansion units are rare.
There is a Guy on youtube that hacked a Mackie D8B as a control surface his "Software Bridge" is $350 this includes a new loom/interface looks really nice but you want the D8B for next to nothing to make this viable.
There are a few digital mixers that have HUI protocol in them the Yamaha 02/96 looks nice I assume that you can use that as a mixer and DAW controller dependent on how you assign the banks of faders?
Another alternative is UCapps.de ( midibox) the site owner has designed a DIY modular midi system in conjunction with other contributors its all open soure and free for non commercial use ( I assume this is related to the building rather than its usage) there are circuit diagrams PCB kits bare boards and code examples and a special editor tool for writing you own code. If you get stuck with your project there are lots of people that will help you well worth a look?
I don't want to give too much away as I am trying to score a solution for myself off ebay and I'd hate to inflate the prices too much before I score said item.

Last edited:
Back