Lets talk cables.

M.C.Gray

Ok here it goes,
I am looking into getting a pair of Presounus Eris E8's for my beat lab, but I am having quarrils on figurig out my cable situation. Here is how the set up will go..I have a Audio interface that goes by the name of Scarlett by focusrite her model is the 8i6.
I also have a Behringer XENYX 1222 Fx mixer and for giggles I know it wont matter but my Fantom X6 is also a piece of equipment I have. Should I drop the money on getting some Balanced XLR cables or just go with the TRS? Also, if anyone out here in cyber space also recommend A brand of cables that they have been satisfied with would be great. I want to buy something that will last and is made of quality and wont create unnessicary noises.

Thanks in advanced,
M.C.Gray

Fundamental difference between xlr and trs is one of plug/socket design; otherwise both are balanced cables

mogami cable and neutrick plugs are the go to when buying/making something that is meant to last

Thank you for your input sir. I forgot to add that I understood they were both balanced haha I was focusing too hard on making sure I had the details right on the equipment that I had and considering it was a new years eve thing I had to many cervasas to concentrate, but I guess it beats drunk dialing old ex girlfriends! I did however invest with the E8's and they are fantastically amazing in my opinon.

Yeah, balanced is balanced, basically. Balanced definitely beats unbalanced/TS for longer runs.

Mogami and Nuetrik are excellent, but for an alternative view on cable, I believe you can get decent stuff that isn't expensive (and overkill like most Monster stuff is just money out the window, IMHO).

Check-out Audiopile Pro Audio / EWI Cables and Cases ...

GJ

'scool.... main diff between the two plug/socket types is that you can get xlrs (and trs) that lock into place, whilst trs mostly tend to pull free if too much stress placed on the cables

enjoy the new year and the new gear

Back