KRK 5's or HS50m's?

The Hs50s are discontinued and now they just have the Hs5s. However if you look at any youtube video of someone making tracks or working in a studio they will have KRK rock it 5s in their set ups. If you are producer you want your ish to bang while your making the track. The Hs5s are made to not color the sound. Its the equivalent of eating Steak without A1. A good steak (A good Mix) doesnt need any A1 sauce(sound coloration). However its much more fun mixing on the krks TRUST ME. if you need to holler at me just hit me up on twitter. @djchev is my handle for all social networks. PEACE

I'd save up for some HS8s. KRK Rokits color sound a good bit. Yamahas are much clearer and everyone says they're better for mixing.

I douted for a long time between getting a pair of Krk's or Yamaha's. After going four times to my local musicstore to take a listen i desided to get the yamaha's, and until now i haven't had any regret about that decision :). They just sound so clear, you can hear everything in your mix, but they also are a lot of fun when you got some friends around and want to blow the roof of ;). I went for the HS80's, but if they are to expesive for you or to big for your room then I'm pretty ssure the HS50's will do a great job too. But what i recommend is just take a listen until you are sure witch one you want.

Last edited:
KRK is better for EDM and bass music. It has better bottom and mid IMO. I have been using KRK's for 5 years and I haven't regret for a second. They are really awesome!

5 inch krks are good at that price range. Not good at true representation of the sound. They color the sound too much, mainly in the lows. I had me told on this forum that no 5 inch monitors will truely represent bass. You then need a subwoofer, with all the problems that come with that, or bigger inch woofer. I myself have my eyes on the Adam A7x, or 8 inch if i have the money.
If you don't wanna pay that, or afford it, krk 5 or hs5 are good. You need to train your ears and get to know the shortcomings of your speakers before you can produce properly on them. How you do that? Use em a lot, listen to different kinds of music, read about them on what ppl think about the production of the track, listen to your own production on different speakers that you also know how they usually sound.

Back