Korg nanoKontrol in FL Studio: recognized but not receiving MIDI notes

babblybobbly

I have a Korg nanoKontrol mk1. I used to use it happily with FL on my old laptop. Now I've migrated, I just tried using it on the new laptop. It's recognized, enabled and appears in the list of MIDI devices. But no little flickers on the FL dashboard when I twiddle knobs and sliders. Unable to link parameters to the knobs/sliders.

I just plugged it into a different computer, ran Virtual DJ and logged some midi note signals in the VDJ control panel - so I know the Korg hardware is working.

What gives?!

Had a nanokontrol2 for a couple years, stopped working everywhere so I trashed it and found another control surface.
Yours you say, works on some machines so that means it's a midi device ordering list issue or something and korg does midi devices in a way that you'd have to manually remove a missing device if you disconnect a device and plug it into another, windows limit is 10 but korg's drivers sometimes conflict with that.

When I bought it the market was a bit different. I just wanted bare minimum sliders and knobs. Akai's MIDI Mix USB mixer looks lovely, might upgrade.

That's what I been use for weeks, keep in mind that it doesn't give you full control over no momentary/toggle for the buttons though while korg's did.
I have to use mouse again for toggling solo/mute midimix only does momentary.
toggling only possible by putting faders or knobs at max which is hilarious though.

Back