iRig 2 - grit and fairly cheap tool to record direct audio into smartphone video

Epsilon-144

Musician and Producer
iRig 2 - fairly cheap tool to record direct audio into smartphone video

Here's a video I made describing the potential of this iRig 2.

With a little work, and the right equipment, you can turn a video stream off of your iPhone into a professional live music set with great audio.

I've discovered a fairly cheap way to set up a quality sounding (and soon to be looking) live radio show / video steaming set up.

You want an audio interface with quarter inch TS cables from the interface output to an iRig2. The iRig2 then connects to your smart phone for quality audio recording.

Here's the iRig 2: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/...
(It's $40)

This lets you record direct line in audio into your smart phone videos. So instead of using your smart phones microphone, you can get professional audio directly from the source. You can also communicate through a microphone running into your audio interface input. The interface is very useful (but depending on which one your have), and can also control your studio speakers aka monitors and send recording information into any digital audio workstation (DAW). I use FL studio and Ableton.

For the visual frosting the cake, get a green screen. You can record awesome visual art while your broadcast or stream live. Combined with great audio, this is a brilliant way to broadcast your message or music.

Last edited:
hahah, maybe. I do wanna use it for some vocal tracks, but idk if it's catchy enough. What do you mean by bypass? Should I not use it do dj mixes and just use and use regular voice? haha ...hmm, maybe. I'm trying to broadcast for the jetsons.

Last edited:
and the microphone sucks, I know. it's an old one from years ago that was maybe $10-$12 dollars at walmart. I just wanted to test this all out and make sure it works. I'll look into getting a better one soon.

right :P, i didn't really think about that before...it was kind of just an on the fly video. haha sorry but thanks man! I'll look into making more scripted and organized videos in the future

Last edited:
Back