Step Sequencer with touch interface
XYFX control adds effects, adjusts sound dynamics in real time
Phrase Looper, enables connection of any instrument to create loops
Pad Mixer for setting levels, stereo panning and adding VST effects
Sample Edit control, for trimming, chopping and processing your samples
4 new, performance-ready touch-sensitive controls
Data Encoder knob, for push-and-twist control of display parameters
Includes MPC software with over 20 GB of sound content

Akaipro just put up two videos (and more to come I hear in the coming days)

Introducing the MPC Touch
Introducing the MPC Touch - YouTube

Needlz makes a beat on the MPC Touch
MPC Touch - Making the Beat with Needlz - YouTube

Hm...That looks way different than the image of the windows akai thing. Mpd18 is sooooo gettin replaced whenever.
I wonder if this isa standalone machine, google time.

its not really clear if its a standalone or not, different sources say different things. It better have standalone capabilities, the pricetag is waaay to high for such a small midi controller

Just read an interview with akai and they said that its just a controller. Very disapointing, i really dont understand why akai doesnt listen their customers.
i was hoping to use this for portable music making, but i guess thats not gonna happen. Had it been standalone and able to run of batteries it would've been a beast

Is it one of those things where it can be plugged up but has it's own daw?
If so, that's enough for me. I wonder if it could be powered via usb adapter to wall outlet.

Or just plugging it up to a comp/tablet just to power it would be the shit.
Dear god I wish they'd do a modern mpc already.
Padkontrol has a ac adapter but is just a midi drumpad -_-
mpd18 is usb only and is also a midi drumpad.

But this looks like it can have sounds loaded onto it, standalone.
If it can be used with no other software as an option at the very least, gonna be all over that thing.

I waited quite a while, skipped the rens, skipped all the maschines.

akai has confirmed that it is just a controller, not usable standalone. Rumor has it that akai has some more products to be announced, hopefully, one of them will bre probably be standalone

Akai, I'm gettin antsy the roland Mv is tempting me.
Standalone. Standalone akai go back to that, a modern standalone machine.

I gotta wait and see what the ren 2 is gonna be. for now I guess Ima stick to padkon/mpd18. I'm serious, padkontrol's the last midi only pads for me :/
Next pads, gotta be standalone in some way like roland or at least load sounds onto the pads themselves.

This is cool. BUT (and let me know if im weird for thinking this) I would much rather have an overhaul of like the push or the ren...seems a tad gimmicky to me. The concept is awesome though.

Is this not just a tablet with some pads?

If I were to switch over from Maschine to an MPC I don't think it'd be this...

KonKossKang - I had a play on an MV8800 recently... Workflow seemed pretty logical - a lot slower than Maschine but good.
thing sounded great though (although guy who's studio I was at does track out into a bank of 500 series pres) Really dirty sounding but in that nice way.

I think I'd probably go for the MPC2500 if I were to go for a hardware sampler though.

I might try out a roland in the future but a tablet with an external interface and pads...that might be the direction for an mpc experience if they get to 2ghz with a good proc.

But if the ren2 is just a tablet with a goodproc embedded into a drumpad with an interface of it's own, also good.

Roland mv series, never understood why they stopped. would've been nice to try one of them. But, a standalone machine with a digital sound signature, that's what I'm after.

Back