ideas about roland FA08 VS Yamaha moxf8; using cubase as DAW

dksucharda

Hey everyone,

I am saving for a new keyboard and currently use cubase as my DAW. I am fairly new to recording and am finally getting comfortable with Cubase. As I have been saving I have been pretty committed to getting a yamaha keyboard either a mx61 or moxf8. I figure Yamaha to be a pretty well known established company, probably good support, and have been in the keyboard business a very long time. As popular as they are I figured they must put out a pretty good product. I have sampled these in person and have not been disappointed by their sound. Lastly, I want my keyboard and my DAW to work seamlessly together without any glitches. I will have a enough to keep me busy learning all I have to learn without spending hours combing the internet and waiting on the phone trying to troubleshoot why my keyboard and my DAW aren't playing nicely with each other. So since Yamaha and Steinberberg/Cubase are in bed together I assume their products work pretty well together. With all that being said, as I have been saving I have also been researching and came across the Roland FA-08. I have not heard it in person, but on you tube videos, with head to head comparison to Yamaha mox f8 it seems to have a much fuller and richer sound, significantly so. In addition I have read may forums that seem to say the same. It seems very user friendly on the videos (it always does). My big question is, has anyone used the FA08 in cubase and does the DAW mapping really work well, and is it easy to set up (just hit a button as they say on the video.) Any other thoughts and ideas would also be appreciated as I try and make this difficult decision. Thanks.

OK. WOW! that was a long description. Let me try and simplify this. Is anyone out there using Cubase 8 with a Roland FA-08 or familiar with this combination. If so was it easy to set up and does the mapping work with cubase seamlessly as it should. I have seen videos where with cubase and yamaha, the keyboard can control all kinds of parameters within cubase because of the mapping software. supposedly, the FA08 does this as well, but I have heard that mapping software does not always work as it should between certain DAWS and certain keyboards. Hopefully this shorter description will attract more responses. Again. thank you.

Back