i5 Laptop?

D

djrethinkbeats

Hey guys im looking for a new computer to produce on and im only 15 and i got a summer job so i can finally advance my "bed room studio" and im looking for a new laptop (dont want a desktop) and i dont wanna spend all my summer money on a macbook pro so i was wondering if a laptop with a simple i5 processor will do the job? Right now i have a Lenovo G575 and it has some shit amd processor and it still does ok i can put out a smooth mix outta it. Do any of you have a i5 Laptop of any kind? if so hows it run?
Thanks.

If you're serious about music production i would get a desktop.. I have an HP Envy with 8 gb ram and AMD a10 and i can barely run my flps anymore.. So much stuff is going on. once you have extreme compressors and mastering plugins your cpu goes to shit.. so put some money into it and get a good pc

If you're serious about music production i would get a desktop.. I have an HP Envy with 8 gb ram and AMD a10 and i can barely run my flps anymore.. So much stuff is going on. once you have extreme compressors and mastering plugins your cpu goes to shit.. so put some money into it and get a good pc

I agree, I do use my dell xps 8500 more.

I5 should be fine. 8Gb of ram is nice idd.
Where do you live?
Check if you can find Clevo or BTO, or Sager, they're all the same. They're great laptops that let you customize them. You get a barebone and you can pick which hardware you want to put in. Make sure, if you're on a budget, that you don't get a laptop with a too expensive vid card in it. Get one with the intergrated intel graphics for example.
Laptop Plus BV - 15,6 inch VBOOK 15CL17 HD/FHD HASWELL - 15CL17 - Zelf samenstellen - Laptops
There you have an 8 gig I5 4210 500gb 7200rpm 15 inch laptop for 620 euros. Upgrades to look at if you want to spend a bit more for more, add an SSD to the HD in there or replace the 7200rpm by a big enough SSD, you could upgrade the monitor, better memory timings although those improvements are marginate. The SSD would be the first thing I'd look at upgrading , after that probably your cpu.

Back