The hunt for a new system

alpha ant

So a quick introduction, I'm new to these forums, and new to music production, but not new to music. Names Anthony, been playing guitar seriously for about 10 years, piano was self taught along with guitar. I love all music but r and B and trap / hip hop are some of my favorites, all music is awesome to me though. Anyways im currently operating on a windows 10 intel core 13 POS laptop from walmart. My software of choice is FL studio because I love the feel.

Now that thats out of the way...

I have been looking at a lot of computers because my windows laptop is very weak, and I am pushing too much memory (RAM) for it to handle with certain beats and need a new machine.

Im currently looking for a desktop-

I need help determining what are some key specs in a PC for music production, im pretty tech savy due to alot of runescape and world of warcraft days in the past and boosting my specs on my home PC, but im still a bit foreign to sound SPECs.

im looking at a budget around 500-900$ and know I want a nice processor, preferably intel core i7. please dont recommend a MAC, certain people love them, I don't do those :berzerk:.

one computer I saw on newegg was this ACER desktop :Acer Desktop Computer Aspire X AXC-710-UR61 Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700 (3.4 GHz) 8 GB DDR3 2 TB HDD Intel HD Graphics 530 Windows 10 Home - Newegg.com

Another im considering is this DELL: DELL Desktop Computer OptiPlex 5040 (Y77R2) Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700 (3.4 GHz) 8 GB DDR3L 500 GB HDD Intel HD Graphics 530 Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License)-Newegg.com

I already have a 27 in monitor, and usb adapter. I also have an external Hard drive, so im not terribly worried about storage, main concern is how it will handle running alot of things simultaneously in and out of the program, as well as sound quality.

If you have any others to recommend, id appreciate it. whats the best bang for my buck? thanks guys

Back