How powerful does my PC gotta be to run FL Studio and up to 32 tracks, plugins, etc?

• Thread starter Alonex Tsismuajxeem
  • Start date
A

Alonex Tsismuajxeem

Dell i5 2450M Processor
6GB Memory
1TB Hard Drive
Windows 7 Home.
-------------------------

Do you think this is sufficient or shall i have to go i7 with 16gb memory ?

only thing that you might need to do is tweak the os for audio production plenty of tips out there for that

google "tweak win 7 home for audio" and check them out.

It depends on the plugins. 32 straight audio tracks is nothing. I could do that on the computer I had back in umm... 2005, 2006. Plugins are a different story. Some VSTi's are powerhouses though. Your PC seems like it should be pretty good but there's no way to tell without trying it.

Seems like it should do well. CPU usage is the only real problem I would look in to. In ensuring that when running the vst's cause like a previous poster said Vst's are a completely other story. Some of them like Gladiator or Komplete I hear can be very lagging on cpu which will make your flstudio playback staticy and shitty sounding. But there are ways to tweak and there are easy ways to fix it by from what i hear installing more ram. I am running XP so i definitely need to upgrade and intend to soon. Just paying off my credit card before using it to buy a new pc. Long process but balling on a budget lol

Back