How to play low octave effects on small keyboard??

Dennis1990

I have a scarbee pre bass and it says to play Example: hold down A0 for a and play a note for a trill effect.

I work in Fl studio and my Midi keyboard isn't that big (about medium size 5 octaves)and there is only a certain amount of notes that an be played for scarbee (about 3 octaves)

Is there a way I can configure my midi keyboard to hold down the effects in the low octave and still play notes or do I is a bigger keyboard the only way???

Some keyboards allow splits - ie. one half of the keyboard is doing something different than the other. But this isn't too common in regular controllers these days, I reckon.

Another option would be to use some kind of a software utility - say, Bome's MIDI translator - to transpose the lowest note you can play to A0 (for example).

Or maybe FL has some kind of a MIDI filter/translator option, not familiar with it.

Or yet another option - you can use your computer keyboard as a MIDI controller in FL, right? Use that for the "effects" octave and play the actual notes from your controller.

Which midi controller are you using?

With almost all midi controllers there should be octave up and down arrows (may be worded differently on yours) that face left and right. I used to have an Axiom 25 before I switched to an MPK 49, they both have the options. Tap the left-facing button/arrow for lowering the octave and the right one for raising it. If you're looking to play live, I'd suggest upgrading to a controller with 49+ keys

I hope that answers your question.

Which midi controller are you using?

With almost all midi controllers there should be octave up and down arrows (may be worded differently on yours) that face left and right. I used to have an Axiom 25 before I switched to an MPK 49, they both have the options. Tap the left-facing button/arrow for lowering the octave and the right one for raising it. If you're looking to play live, I'd suggest upgrading to a controller with 49+ keys

I hope that answers your question.

I think the point here was that the sample library in question uses keyswitches at a fixed low octave...which makes it tricky to play the notes & use those switches at the same time.

even with a 5 octave controller you should be able to get the appropriate key-switches in the lower two octaves and still have all of the playing range of the instruments in upper 3/5 of the keyboard by using the octave shift keys as warfare mentions - I do this with my Behringer 61 key \controller no problem

Back