How do I set up my audio interface?

Coleman1

Coleman1
I just received my lexicon alpha and I'm wondering how to set it up to FL Studio. It isn't for playing instruments, just strictly for lower latency/clearer sounds etc. the YouTube videos didn't help, neither did the instructions manual..

You may have to manually install drivers, but pretty sure windows will recognize and install those for you. Afterwards, just go in FL's settings and look for the option of using the audio drivers from the Alpha as your default soundcard.

Yeah I saw on YouTube they could choose it in ASIO. Mines not coming up in ASIO. It's coming up but when I click it, it makes absolutely no change to the sound at all. I can see lexicon is actually on though. I don't understand where to put my headphones cord either, the interface or my computer, because neither are working

Yeah I'm saying their interface has ASIO next to it. Mine doesn't. It's through the primary sound card or something. And when I choose it, it's very very slow and bad

Okay so I kinda think the problem is that I don't have the interface connected as a driver to my headphones (or even my speakers), and I have tried doing different things and can't figure out how. It's currently connected to "high definition audio device" which is obviously not the USB interface..

Okay so I kinda think the problem is that I don't have the interface connected as a driver to my headphones (or even my speakers)

Connected as a driver? What does that mean?

(...) and I have tried doing different things and can't figure out how.

So, what exactly have you tried so far?

It's currently connected to "high definition audio device" which is obviously not the USB interface..

Not sure what the "it" here is - if you're talking about the Alpha, it can't be "connected" to the "High Definition Audio Device" (which is your internal soundcard/interface).

So, in order to sort this out tell us 1) how everything's hooked up (both physically & what's selected in FL preferences & if there's a separate control panel software for the Alpha, that too); 2) some system specs (mostly the OS version and such) and 3) what have you tried to do so far.

Back