How can I hook my turn table up to Maschine Mikro?

KarteBlanche

I just bought a Sony PS-LX300 turntable and I am trying to use it to sample on my maschine mikro. I have a new mac computer. When I hook it up thru usb I can hear the vinyl IF I go into a third party software like audition or audacity and I set the imput to the USB codec and turn the monitor button on. I have my maschine set up with sound flower so I can record whats being played on my soundcard ie. youtube or something, but when I try to use it to record the monitored music playing on audition it doesn't pick it up. I tried changing the midi settings in mikro to record the usb codec but this doesnt pick up either. I have the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for my microphone if there is some way to hook it up there? The record player has a line/phono output, and a built in preamp. It has the usb cord slot on the back as well as (2) 1/8th" wires (red and white). The scarlett has 2 amphonal imputs on the front and 2 line 1/4" outputs on the back. Is there anything to be done with this or no? Also, on the back of the mikro there is a small slot that shows a letter K inside of a lock. What is this slot for? I thought I remember seeing someone using this slot to connect a record player directly to the mikro. Please, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

****FIXED****

I fixed this issue and because I want to help others who might encounter this I am posting my solution. This helps you use mac + usb turntable + maschine mikro to sample without the need for an external soundcard or any audio interface.

Step one: watch this video and follow instructions for soundflower https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqBTDtmE1dw

Step two: Open garage band with a new project for vocals.

Step three: go into the garage band setup and make sure the midi imput is set as whatever your usb turntable comes up as. In my case it was USB Codec.

Step four: Click the rightmost button on the top track labeled imput monitoring. Now, if your record is playing you should hear it through your speakers.

Go to the sampling tab on your maschine and you should now see that it is picking up the music playing through your soundcard. I am not sure why it didn't work for me with the other two programs I used audacity and audition but it didn't and it does work with garageband. Hope this helps someone. Thanks

Back