Hooking up extra monitor to my iMac

Oskino88

I'm running record/reason on my iMac and I'm planning on building a small vocal booth in my basement studio. But have a booth that opens and closes will be annoying for me because I rap and i don't have an engineer, so I will have to enter/exit the booth several times while recording. So I wanted to know if I hook up an extra monitor to my iMac can I run record on this external monitor while in the booth?

You would need a keyboard or another form of transport control to be able to record yourself in the booth. Unless you've got a touch-screen monitor or something.

I think your asking if you can hook up your imac to another screen ,and you want the extra screen to display what is going on on the imac? IF this is what your asking i would say yes because i do it in my little studio and at home when i mix. I have a imac at home and have a HP screen hooked up to it so i have a screen for my digital mixer. And in the little studio i also have a imac hooked up to a screen in the booth.. all i did was by a white adaptor (mini dvi to agv cable) at best buy. i asked the apple rep how to hook up another monitor and he gave little white adaptor that cost 30$. for the screen in the booth i had to by an extension for the extra screen (agv)and the white adaptor for my imac, that was about 90$ total.. and then for the screen in the booth i bought a wireless mouse for my imac (bluetooth) and i use that to move the mouse on the screen while im in the booth (thought the imac)... Hope this helps..

Back