Hissing Coming Out Of Speakers When I Move Mouse

misterbrownstone

I dont have the greatest equipment, but im sure theres worse out there. I use a Presonus Firebox Audio Interface and a pair of KRK V8 series 2 monitors. Lately ive been getting this annoying hiss coming out of them and if I move my mouse it intensifies. Not loud but its annoying and I can't mix down like this. Anybody know whats going on.

Last edited:
What kind of mouse? Wireless with a battery? Could be interference there.

Laptop or desktop computer?

I have a Presonus, too. And I notice when my laptop is plugged in and charging, I get hiss when I arm a track to record a LINE input. Usually if I'm recording 1/4" or XLR line inputs, I will unplug for a bit and just roll with battery til the tracks are laid. It does not hiss when I plug back in and mix or record MIDI, tho.

If any of that helps, you're welcome. If not, good luck.

It's a grounding issue with your pc buy a 99 cent 3 to 2 prong adapter from the store the sound will disapear
This method fixed my issue with my noisy mbox 2 which had a lot of hissing and winding sound

That's the weirdest thing i've ever heard! I once got a buzz when I plugged my keyboard in, are you sure it's not just a real mouse?

Sounds like a Ground issue, u should try some type or Furman with ground or Monster cable line cleaner power strip..

Back