help with syncing gear

Grass

my setup is coming along well but synching them has been a hassle. Im trying to do it the cheap way and just sync the tempos on each machine and use my ear to match them but that is getting annoying. My setup is as follows, 1x X0xbox, korg emx1 and korg volca bass. How can i sync all this pieces of gear without using a computer daw. Do i have to use the midi out from the emx1 to the x0xbox and volca bass :hmmm:. please help thanks

choose one as the master clock and set the others to be slaves

then connect the MIDI OUT of the master the MIDI IN of the first slave and connect the MIDI THRU of that to the MIDI IN of the next slave

choose one as the master clock and set the others to be slaves

then connect the MIDI OUT of the master the MIDI IN of the first slave and connect the MIDI THRU of that to the MIDI IN of the next slave

thats what i was thinking, just need to get a few midi cables:). So after that done how do i get all of them to go through both of my studio monitors?

won't cut it as you need to mix the various parts and you have already stated that you do not want to use a daw

Yep, as the term "interface" implies, an audio interface is an intermediate device between two things - the outside world (ie. your hardware) and the computer. Some of them do work as standalone devices, but if you just want a DAW-less setup, a mixer is a better choice.

Back