Help me to choose audio interface

Greenred

Hello,

I had Tascam US144MKII and it was complete crap, drivers always conflicting with wireless internet driver... no balanced outputs... so sold it.
I am looking for some good quality card for around $200-$300.
I need:
*only one guitar input and only one mic input (It can be the same, never going to use both at the same time)
*only two main outputs (for two KRK speakers, that's it)
*it must be USB.

Most cards has two inputs (mic/instr.) so I guess I am loosing some quality/price by buying those since I need only one.
Also I don't need midi in/out since I am using AKAI mpk88 pro with USB.

What kind of card can you recommend to get the best quality/price deal?

I was thinking about Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (with two inputs) but maybe there is something that offers better quality sound?

Thanks

The Focusrite stuff is decent enough. But frankly, most of the sub-$500 stuff is extremely similar sound quality wise; there might be some slight differences in preamp colors, but that's about it. If you can spring for a used Focusrite Forte or Apogee Duet (Mac only), you might get a slight step up in the converter part.

Decided to buy that scarlett 2i2. It plays much better than that tascam us144mkII

The Focusrite stuff is decent enough. But frankly, most of the sub-$500 stuff is extremely similar sound quality wise; there might be some slight differences in preamp colors, but that's about it. If you can spring for a used Focusrite Forte or Apogee Duet (Mac only), you might get a slight step up in the converter part.

Back