Help Finding Old Style Input

You mean output, right?

What kind of budget are you looking at? Any other uses than just the speakers?

I don't think I've ever had an amp that didn't have outputs for speaker wire :) Currently running a no-nonsense Rotel RA-10, kind of low-end when it comes to hifi, but it's very solid for the price. No modern day amenities, but then again it's almost solely for a turntable.

There's a difference though.

Most have a plug for the speakers... I need the clamps on the back for right front and back, and left front and back + center.

It's not an actual plug... you just clamp the 2 wire tips (burn the tip, pull off the wire and tightly twist the core of the wire)... someone help me out lol I dont know the official term I'm soundin reeeeal ignorant right now.

Last edited:
I know there's a difference :) It's just that all the amps I've had during these years have had these "clamp" type connections, or the other one where you screw the connector open a bit to reveal a hole to put the cable end through (these can kind of look like plugs in photos, though...).

Last edited:
I'd really hate my speakers to go to waste... these speakers ****in' BANG.

It's starting to seem impossible to find systems with the clamp-the-wire outputs these days.

If anyone has a clue what I'm talking about or could help me out you'd be greatly appreciated!

I was talking about two kinds actually, both of which still are standard. The clamp type, as found on that Durabrand set or the other one I described (which would serve the exact same purpose). Most of anything resembling a higher-end unit will have the speaker binding posts I was talking about - screw open, insert bare wire, screw back in. They're basically a more solid version of those clamps.

And if everything else fails, you can always put whichever connectors you want to your speaker cables. 99% of the time you don't need to, though.

Last edited:
Back