Headphones for music production

dominic94

Hello I am going to buy headphones for music production but my budget isnt the best.
At this moment I am looking to
Pioneer HDJ-500 and AIAIAI TMA-1 X.I dont know much about headphones so what do you think guys which one is better for music production. (I dont care about size,weight, design.) Maybe you know something better for similar price ?

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but your $100 would be better spent on one of these.

AKG K240 Studio - Semi-Open, Pro Studio Headphones | Sweetwater.com
Sennheiser HD 280 PRO - Closed, Circumaural, Pro Studio Headphones | Sweetwater.com
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MDR7506/

Thigs to consider that drive my opinion...I prefer closed headphones and accuracy over a "good sound". I have a pair of the AKGs, A pair of HD7s Presonus makes and a pair of Skullcandy heshes as well as a ton of cheaper headphones from Koss, Sony, and Philips. I have a pair of $40 Philips that sounds 'better" than anything I listed, my skullcandys sound more "beats by dreish" than anything listed so they're amazing for checking mixes that will be played thru mobile devices to headphones, but nothing I have is more ACCURATE than my AKG 240s.

If you don't want closed headphones(where while they're on, you hear nothing from the outside world, but can be uncomfortable depending on one's preference), I'd like to think just about any headphones in the $100 range are gonna be "decent', I just never even tried either pair you listed because I never go for phones that don't fully cover my ears.

Last edited:
Back