Headphones for EDM production

Kartik Ahuja

hey! i want to buy a pair of studio headphones dat are around 150$-200$ for EDM production.! i have been thinkin about the krk 6400!! but after reading the reviews i am not sure..if i should buy these! :/ i mainly produce trance and electro house! nd i wanna go with a good pair of headphones on which i could produce and mix my tracks on!

I honestly don't know the price in dollars, but i have a Beyerdynamic DT800 Pro 250ohms. Pretty decent headphone, with a great flat response.

I've had KRK monitors for a long time now. Really like them. So naturally I thought I'd match it up with a pair of headphones.

Tried them, didn't really like them. I ended up going with a pair of AIAIAI TM-1 studio's.

To be honest though a pair of the beyerdynamics or audio technicas would be great. Especially the AT's.

Last edited:
My sennheisers sound fantastic but they clamp down hard so I can't wear them for long periods... My old DT's don't sound as good (especially in the lows) but they are comfy as can be for long nights that insomnia reigns while the family sleeps...

For the price it's pretty hard to beat the Audio Technica ATH-50's. I picked these up two years ago for $150.00 and haven't had a single hiccup, complaint, or problem yet. They are fat headphones, and you can find them for $139.00 here:

Click me!

Listen to this guy. I have the same pair and they work flawlessly for production as well as mixing, not to mention they're extremely well built.

I've been using Sennheiser HD 215 II for a while now, won't say they are great but if I make anything pleasant on them, they really sound well on most. But now if I were to buy a new pair, I would blindly go for ATH M50's. Buy ATH-M50's you wont regret your decision.

Back