which headphones to buy?

lucas_lukey

Hi guys,I have couple of questions. Hope you dont get mad at me for the location of my query.First question is related to headphones. I am not sure which ones to buy. I am producing music so I would need Monitor headphones with studio sound quality. my price range would be around 100 - 150 EurosAm I wrong if I say that I really like - SMS Audio STREET by 50 Cent On-Ear Headphone - that in the product description say that have studio sound quality. Or I have simply fallen for a marketing trick? I have read some good reviews but I am sure that people on this forum would have a much better insightAnother thing to consider is that I dont have a great amount of money and very possibly I would sometimes take those headphones with me outside on the street. Feel free to instruct me I am really looking forward to your answers and be very honest. If its not a great idea to take monitor headphones outside with me on the street let me know about that too. Another thing I was wondering about and if anyone that sees this knows please answer - Is it possible to use NI Massive on 2 different computers with different operative systems?Thank you very much and good luck

after testing a bunch of the big name lower price range (<$200) headphones. The best I found were the beyerdynamic dt770 pro. I can mix on these then put the mix through the monitors and it's just about ready. They handle lows real well if you do stuff with 808 or sub bass. I''d be reluctant to go with any consumer level product.

I didn't like my beyerdynamics dt770pros , but maybe their burn in time is insanely long? I find they give me a lot of ear fatigue too...

I prefer mixing on my krk kns-8400 (which costed half as much). I got really used to them, also because I like to listen to music on them.

I own a couple of budget headphone like: Sennheiser HD 598 (open), AKG K550 (closed), Sennheiser HD25-II (closed), Shure SE-215 (In-ear)

Al are great in their own way, but i totally love the AKG K550.
Pro's: Good build quality, very accurate and detailed, clear bass and mid's, easly driven
Con's: decent treble, undeep ear shell (can hurt after a +4hr listing periode)

Always check out a lot of review's by proffessional headphones reviewers and also check them out your self als a store where you can listing to you own music.

Audiotechina M50 pro Great price and sound. I also have senheiser hd-25 headphones but audiotechina is my choice

Back