Headphone Question (ATH-M50x)

flphr

I like to buy the ATH-M50x. They said a higher impedance has a better quality. The ATH has about 38. I must seek other headphones with a higher impedance or to start this is a great phone? They also recommended the Sennheiser HD 25 -1 II. So I'm undecided = /

PS: I own a scarllet 2i2
PS2: I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong area. I'm new here

Well, this kind of statement is a good example of a gross over-simplification gone wrong...yes, high-quality headphones are often high-impedance as well, but that's because they're designed to be used with similar-quality headphone amps that can drive such 'phones. But it doesn't mean that high impedance equals high quality automatically. It's more or less a false association - just because you once saw a red car that was really fast, it doesn't mean red cars are fast.

Headphone quality can't really be judged from their technical specification. They matter, of course, but they don't say how something sounds. The M50x's are decent entry-level headphones.

Now I understand TY *_*. I wonder if I can use it for DJing Or the fact that I connect it in the mixer can damage it.

Yeah, you can use them for DJing without having to fear damaging them. High-impedance headphones connected to a not-so-powerful headphone amp just will be relatively quiet, that's all.

Back