Headphone Distribution System and headphone personal mixers

Ten Marie

Hallo there guys. I'm a producer planning to start multi track recording of live instrus eg. guitars, drumset etc. Which Headphone Distribution System do you recommend and the personal headphone mixers ?

The "more me" systems are great if you are going to be recording a number of musicians at once. Any idea on your budget? That will determine whether you are talking Behringer or Aviom, or somewhere in-between.

As far as simple multi-output headphone amps, there are likewise a plethora of choices, but you can't go wrong with Rane products...

I was about to say the same thing - the budget will determine a lot here. We've been happily using simple super cheap Behringer 4-out headphone amps because most of the time we're just playing in the same room anyway and it works just fine with minimum fuss. I've also used higher-end studio setups with personal "consoles" for adjusting the mix for each musician, and that's obviously nice, but rarely needed unless everyone's completely isolated in a separate space (and even then setting up rough cue mixes for everyone usually doesn't take that much time).

Back