Hardware / software config Ferione set up, need help

Ferione

Hello all,

First off, this is going to be a pretty long post so be prepared for that.

Let me start with the picture:
Future House producers.JPG

Green lines = this works
Red lines = this creates an error
Black lines = Hardware piece of equipment within another piece of equipment.

Goal
I would like to record FL Studio (desktop audio) whilst talking through the mic on my Corsair H2100.

Issue:
Everything works fine until i enable voxengorecorder to export my FL Studio sound. This create a feedback loop once i start playing and export to one of those settings. It doesn't matter which though.

To give some extra information how my sound settings look like:

PC settings
Pc settings.png

Voxengorecorder sound options (just up here for the sake of making things clear)
FL Studio Voxengorecorder settings.png

FL Studio settings
FL Studio settings.png

What am i doing wrong and more importantly, how to solve this?

Why are you using the Voxengo Recorder in the first place instead of just recording audio into FL? Or is this the FL version that doesn't have audio recording?

Why are you using the Voxengo Recorder in the first place instead of just recording audio into FL? Or is this the FL version that doesn't have audio recording?

This has to do between Asio drivers and Direct sound drivers. See the picture of FL Studio. If it is Focusrite Asio driver i have to do this. If i enable Focusrite Direct sound then i have desktop audio.

...You talkin bout realtek or something?
Got a shure 91a beta as example. What type of mic are you using to have an issue like that?

Got a UR, and still have an old 2i2[delegated to tablet status] but curious as to how you ran into an issue like that.
Even the built in mic works. Maybe it's that voxengo itself not routed right somewhere.

...You talkin bout realtek or something?
Got a shure 91a beta as example. What type of mic are you using to have an issue like that?

Got a UR, and still have an old 2i2[delegated to tablet status] but curious as to how you ran into an issue like that.
Even the built in mic works. Maybe it's that voxengo itself not routed right somewhere.

Its an build in mic in the headset (corsair H2100).

Well i only have to use Voxengo if i use the asio driver in FL Studio, because for some reason that signal does not get send out so i can record it at my game capture card.

When i use the direct sound driver in FL Studio i do not have to use Voxengo but experience a big latency (I have to turn the slider to the right up to 186 ms) and then it is still overloading the CPU more easily than when i set the asio driver.

The signal flow is clear enough, but your stated goal was just to record the headset in FL, so I don't really understand what the separate recording plugins and game capture cards are doing in all of this.

The signal flow is clear enough, but your stated goal was just to record the headset in FL, so I don't really understand what the separate recording plugins and game capture cards are doing in all of this.

Uh oh, slight miscommunication then.

The goal is to use FL studio whilst i live comment on what i am doing and such through my corsair headset.

In other words, imagine videogame gameplay's with their cam on. Exactly that, with one difference, the videogame is FL Studio.

However, this does not work for me with my elgato game capture card and thats why i am hear to see if i made an signal flow mistake.

...Oho...Open broadcasting software does this down the bone if that's what you mean.I'm not sure if...that's what you mean fella but obs does all that I think.

Yeah, there's plenty of screencast software packages that should be able to do this without such an elaborate setup.

...Oho...Open broadcasting software does this down the bone if that's what you mean.I'm not sure if...that's what you mean fella but obs does all that I think.

krushing
Yeah, there's plenty of screencast software packages that should be able to do this without such an elaborate setup.​

Yes, but OBS gave me a performance hit on my CPU from 20% minimum to a good 45% at peaks (which basically means my quad core is acting as an dual core xD)

Hence why i went for this elaborate setup, to bypass the CPU performance hit from OBS. Mainly because the elgato game capture HD60 Pro is also able to capture anything on the screen.

I just find it so strange that when i use asio driver from my focusrite i have low latency but then my elgato game capture software can't detect any audio signal (whereas i will still hear my music on the speakers)

And when i go to direct sound i have a high latency (unpleasantly high) but then my elgato game capture software is able to detect the audio signal (and i can still hear my music on the speakers).

Its so frustrating and confusing at the same time. I will go Google what the difference between asio driver and direct sound is, especially now they come from the same soundcard (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2)

Well i got a little step closer i would say. There is an option in FL called Asio4all V2. Turns out i need to use that to group sounds from several places together.

Figured something out.png

Only one mystery remains, the yellow arrow, it states unavailable. However this applies to both when i have it activated (like when i am about to capture) and when it is offline.

Haven't been able thus far to forward a signal through to the game capture card.

Last edited:
Some interfaces native asio has no control like asio4all.
Some interfaces even do betta with asio by a couple ms.
Maybe:
The plugin not routed right.
The asio4all not routed to the voxengo or elgato machine
The manyus of elgato probably didn't put that ability into such device

Some interfaces native asio has no control like asio4all.
Some interfaces even do betta with asio by a couple ms.
Maybe:
The plugin not routed right.
The asio4all not routed to the voxengo or elgato machine
The manyus of elgato probably didn't put that ability into such device

Yes, i begin to elgato has not implement this ability which really damn sucks..

I am heading over to the twitch forums and see what i can pull off there. Out of pure frustration i have spent so many hours which i could have spent on making music too if this is just not a pain in the ass to setup.

Still i want to thank you and Krushing for helping me out with all the advices. I have become a bit wiser for sure ^^!

Back