Hardware Brand Help

Ok so I am shopping for more equipment and I dont want to rely on reviews 100% like usual considering some equipment doesn't have reviews. Or even after extensive search you end up getting very little feed back on the product so I am asking you fellow FP for help because I am new to recording music.

1.) What are some good companies that make external optical drives compatible with netbooks (pc not mac.)

2.) What are some good companies that make USB audio Interfaces? I need one to hook a Samson QU2 microphone to I prefer using the XLR hook up I have been using USB and can but want to use XLR. The Interface has to be USB because I will be hooking it directly into the computer.

3.) What are some good companies that make external hard drives?

I am on a budget and a tight one I have around a 200$ to acquire these things. Probably closer to 150$ because I am looking into purchasing some books that were suggested in another thread.

1) pick from the top brands and you cant go far wrong.
2) Roland UA20's good. focusrite scarlet 2i2 etc
3) Lacie make really stable drives.

its going to be pretty much impossible to get everything you need on that budget. if i were you I'd just get an interface for the $200

I have to get an optical drive or I cant record period I might have to just drop my next mixtape and wait a little longer on buying an interface

People dont tend to listen to CDs anymore in my experience, soundcloud is the new mixtape. Though I do burn CDs to hand out at shows, people usually remember you better rather that shouting out a link onstage haha.

I wont be performing anytime soon really the optical drive is needed to upload the recording software I have and video production software I have. I use soundcloud, revernation, facebook, and other sites to get my music out currently.

Back