guitar rig + foot pedal +alesis q49

HalfBlacko0000

Good Music
I have a question I really wanna get a foot pedal for guitar rig so I can make some wha effects hands free but I'm not sure if it will work I have a alesis q49 I have a sustain pedal but I'm not sure if this keyboard will work with a foot switch pedal on the back there is a sustain input, midi out, and 9v DC input if I would have to unplug my sustain pedal that would be fine but would this work with the setup I have or am I missing something this is the controller I was looking at.
FCV100 | Sweetwater.com

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so the keyboard won't work with that pedal and you won't be able to use that pedal to modulate anything via midi

your best solution is to get the rig Kontrol 3 but that is no longer being sold by NI and there appear to be none for sale on ebay

the fcb1010 from behringer was suggested as an alternative controller - it has midi out but no audio interface

No and No
- the FCV100 is not designed to do what you want it to
- it can provide a direct volume modulation of an input signal but the result would have to be recorded,
- it can provide a control voltage to devices that expect that control voltage
- but your interface and your keyboard are not designed to receive that control voltage

Back