Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Good speakers for low price?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Good speakers for low price?

    Sign in to disable this ad
    I need some new speakers but i dont wanna invest too much money to it.. got some ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    helsinki, finland
    Posts
    19,806
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 310 Times in 284 Posts
    Define "not too much money".
    They Make A Desert And Call It Peace

    Bittihiisi | Krushing | Krushord | Salaneuvosto |

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you can consult at lapdat.vn

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    America.
    Posts
    3,354
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 195 Times in 193 Posts
    Anything below 300$ you might as well just get headphones my dude.
    300+ for speakers, speakers last eons and sound great to boot.

    Headphones also last eooooons at the 60-200$ range so definitely get a good pair if ya haven't already.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Berhinger

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KonKossKang View Post
    Anything below 300$ you might as well just get headphones my dude.
    Probably true. If you're dead set on getting beginner monitors for well under $300 for a pair, look at ones like Mackie CR3, M-Audio AV32, PreSonus Eris. They do the trick for a lot of people, and hey if you absolutely hate them then you'll know you need to save up at least $300 for your next pair. This goes beyond what you're asking but I can't recommend enough reading over a studio monitor buying guide (this one is helpful too) and understanding why - or why not - you would opt for certain things like speaker sizes, sub or no sub, passive vs active etc. For actually good monitors around that $300 price point, people rave about the JBL LSR305s. They're legit.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    America.
    Posts
    3,354
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 195 Times in 193 Posts
    The lowest I'd recommend period, is the klipsch promedia 2.1

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    531
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 53 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminal24 View Post
    Probably true. If you're dead set on getting beginner monitors for well under $300 for a pair, look at ones like Mackie CR3, M-Audio AV32, PreSonus Eris. They do the trick for a lot of people, and hey if you absolutely hate them then you'll know you need to save up at least $300 for your next pair. This goes beyond what you're asking but I can't recommend enough reading over a studio monitor buying guide (this one is helpful too) and understanding why - or why not - you would opt for certain things like speaker sizes, sub or no sub, passive vs active etc. For actually good monitors around that $300 price point, people rave about the JBL LSR305s. They're legit.
    I wasn't all that impressed with the JBL's actually. I read all the rave reviews too... I just didn't feel it.
    Now that's my real point: I don't think I'm smarter than all the people that love them, or have better ears. But it's an argument to never buy speakers until you've seen and heard them..
    preferably in a few different situations with different sources. Especially at lower price ranges, the perfect speaker doesn't exist.. not even one that comes close, so it's really about what works best for your room, your ears and eventually your mixes. If a speaker hypes the sound in areas where you tend to overdo things, that's not a bad thing. You can have a speaker that translates amazingly well, but if it sounds horrible while you're working on it, you're never gonna love what you're doing with it. I'd say liking how it sounds is a big factor too, but others may not give a damn about that.

    So the best idea: save up even more budget while you go to a lot of stores where you can see and hear different speakers. Talk to people that use them, or if you can go to friends' studios and check their speakers, hear their experiences.. hear your music on them. Play some other music which you consider mixed perfectly and play some music which has obvious flaws. Then eventually you'll find something that stands out to you, at a budget you're comfortable with. The 3000 dollar speaker is always gonna beat the 300 dollar one.. but once you get to that price range, you also have to consider room treatment, etc.. and consider whether those things represent a worthy investment for you. If it's just hobby you might want to buy new nikes and bikes for the kids first You'll also find more and better deals, so maybe you can snatch up a 600 dollar speaker for 300.

    Worst idea: oh shit.. I have some money in my pocket, lets get some speakers based on what other people say about them. You don't know what their stake is.. people will defend their purchasing decisions to the hilt, they're not just defending the product itself. They're defending their personal decision as to why they bought this model and not a similar one, but also why they didn't go for a cheaper or more expensive option. The cheaper will always be trash for them, the more expensive one always 'not worth it'. It's just psychology. Some people will just outright be marketing shills too.
    lwj - local space music

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    helsinki, finland
    Posts
    19,806
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 310 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localspace View Post
    Worst idea: oh shit.. I have some money in my pocket, lets get some speakers based on what other people say about them. You don't know what their stake is.. people will defend their purchasing decisions to the hilt, they're not just defending the product itself. They're defending their personal decision as to why they bought this model and not a similar one, but also why they didn't go for a cheaper or more expensive option. The cheaper will always be trash for them, the more expensive one always 'not worth it'. It's just psychology. Some people will just outright be marketing shills too.
    This. Most people - especially when talking about relatively cheap/low-end monitors - only have experience with one or two pairs of monitors, and it's unlikely they've actually compared them, side by side, with anything. So other people's opinions about something as subjective as "good sound" is going to be extremely biased. Speakers are tricky in a lot of ways; they'll sound different to even two people in the same room, let alone in different rooms and positions.
    They Make A Desert And Call It Peace

    Bittihiisi | Krushing | Krushord | Salaneuvosto |

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,932
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 208 Times in 203 Posts
    "maybe you can snatch up a 600 dollar speaker for 300. "



    ya you can buy them used. I got mine like half off the retail price from a homie.
    Last edited by Epsilon-144; 08-14-2017 at 03:20 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •