Fl studio 11 and the behringer EMC404HD latency problems

Jeffrey Rockss

Hey Guys,

I am using FL studio 11 and Windows 8.1
And behringer UMC404HD

Usb i have is: 2.0
I have my sample rate at :192000Hz (maximum)
I have my Asio buffer size to: 8192 samples. (maximum)
And my USB steaming mode is: Extra safe (the best)

i now have a latency when i monitor.

I can almost get rid of latency by turning my asio buffer size to 1024 or lower.

The problem is i get a warning: the selected ASIO buffer size is too small for the current USB steaming mode and the current sampling rate. To avoid destorsians you should select a larger ASIO buffer size.

So i set the Streaming mode to "standerd" and the warning is gone, but now recording is bad and someting missing little fragments.

What can i do?

Is this fixable buying a better audio interface?
or upgrading my computer?

Thanks very much in advance.

Why exactly would you be using 192kHz? It's debatable whether or not it's feasible to use 96kHz with the finest converters and microphones, recording the most delicate classical music, but even there 99% of engineers probably agree that 192kHz is overkill. Try some real-world settings - 44kHz is still perfectly good for, well, most people (that's regular CD quality, btw) & see how low you can set your buffer (it's supposed to be at the lowest setting you get good performance at).

Thanks for the reply.

I set Sample hertz to: 44100 like you suggested.

Now i have to set my asio buffer size to 512 or 256 to get the delay away.

Then i get the warning again: "the selected ASIO buffer size is too small for the current USB steaming mode and the current sampling rate. To avoid destorsians you should select a larger ASIO buffer size."

So i put the USB streaming mode to "relaxed" to get the warning gone. Thats lower then "reliable".

I'm not entirely sure what the "USB streaming mode" actually does, but I'm under the impression that it's also a kind of buffer setting. The names are apparently really just millisecond values, so "reliable" doesn't mean anything else than that it's a bit bigger of a buffer (more latency) than "standard" and "relaxed". But the main thing is that it works. It doesn't really matter what a setting's called, as your computer's performance will affect this probably just as much (so what's "reliable" on one system isn't necessarily so on another).

Back