Extremely difficult choice about hardware

Noitom3

Hi all, recently I have started a few collaborations with rappers and I'm resiously thinking about doing lo-fi beat with soul and jazzy flavours, I have a pioneer xdj-rx, incredible piece of hardware but i have always want to play live with the sp404, today I saw this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2neMRqYkw_s

I was shocked, I absolutly love his game, incredible, I don't think I can do this kind of stuff with the xdj, I like to scratch but not so much. Do you think I need to sell the xdj.rx in order to buy the sp404sx?

250€ for the sp, I can add it to the rig, but I don't know, maybe I just want to be essential, maybe I want to limit myself but those are questions that I need to answer by myself, the main fact is that I think I can do all I need just with the sp insted of using the xdj that offer more "standard" ways of mixing, idk maybe I just need to try and see by myself.

Regardless of how much memory is available in any specific sampler, it will not take the place of your mixing gear, if that is your primary mode of expression and area of expertise. They are two different, but related tools doing two different, but slightly over-lapping jobs.

I can drive a tractor on the thruway, but I'd rather drive a car. But if my driving will primarily be to implement farming or earth-moving strategies, I'd rather have the tractor. I could (theoretically) drive from Buffalo to Los Angeles in either vehicle, but one would take a lot longer to get there with. If I can afford both, then I can serve both jobs with the right vehicle. But if I have to choose one for general purpose driving, I'm going with the car...

Back