Electron Analog Four/Keys owners out there (Waldorf Pulse 2 owners too!)

Which synth is better to you?

• Elektron Analog Four/Keys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waldorf Pulse 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DaPhilosopha

Hey guys,

I'm new here (not really, just forgot my old account details) and I have been looking at getting Elektron gear for some time. I have been lucky to have played quite a bit with one through work. And I am looking at wether it's worth getting. It's an absolute beast and sound so rich and warm. I had a play with it, Prophet 8, Prophet 6 (which I would love but price!) among a few others.

I am looking for something analog and can do more than just leads and basses. Later I am looking at a Moog (Sub 37 is just amazing). The Analog Four I was playing with I got into poly mode and had it doing simple pads, leads, basses and loved the sound. I know the workflow takes learning. I was tossing up between that and the Waldorf Pulse 2. Which is also 4 part analog, but cheaper and I am used to the Waldorf workflow (I have a Blowfeld).

So the question is, what are your views on either syth, pros and cons in your experience. And is the Analog Four worth the extra cash? I am aware there's very varying aspects such as the filters, OSC's and all. I don't like to sound design too much just enough for a track especially for leads or basses. Go!

Back