Connecting Motif Rack to FL Studio w/ Audio Interface

Kohie

I finally got around to unboxing my Motif Rack and was trying to wire everything together so I could utilize the sounds in it in FL Studio but I'm having trouble remembering how I had it all connected before lol.

I've got my Omega Lexicon Audio Interface connected USB to my laptop. I've got a MIDI OUT from my Motif running into the MIDI IN of my Lexicon as well as audio cords from the MONO L/R of the Motif running into Line 1 and 2 of the Lexicon. Finally I've got a MIDI Controller connected USB to my laptop as well.

I've got everything running through Port 1 of MIDI settings within FL Studio. Not sure where I'm going wrong here. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
I would recommend going with the USB connection rather than using a conventional MIDI cable if you can....obviously that will depend upon what drivers are available.

you actually want to have the MIDI out from your interface going to your MOTIF rack 's MIDI in otherwise you will not be able to have fl control any of the sounds it makes

Well, usb has more bandwidth than midi but midi can be connected to trigger sound directly into a daw if not mistaken if the source has sounds built in.

Well, usb has more bandwidth than midi but midi can be connected to trigger sound directly into a daw if not mistaken if the source has sounds built in.
Yeah the Motif Rack's USB connection feeds multiple MIDI ports as opposed to what can be achieved via a conventional MIDI connection, they both function in a similar way it's just that the USB connection multiplies the number of MIDI channels.....which is why I would recommend a direct USB connection rather than plugging conventional MIDI cables to a MIDI interface which then connects via USB anyway.....unless of course there are no stable USB drivers.

Back